Saturday, July 30, 2005

As curious as a cat

Hello, dear children. Recently I had conversation with a colleague of mine about the status of the liturgy, his name is irrelevant to this discussion, but if you have to know, it was Archbishop Marini. One of the elements that we fought about discussed was the Sign of Peace and how fitting it is in its actual practice.

The liturgy is a gift from God, it belongs to no one individual or pope, it belongs to the Church as whole. Not that the Church is a democracy, but I am very curious as to what the parishioners of St. Blog’s think of the Sign of Peace. Perhaps you would like to help Papa out by offering your heartfelt opinion.

With help from one of the holy-geeks, I installed a poll in the sidebar; please take a moment to let me know your thoughts on the matter. I can’t promise you that the results will be indicative of what reforms to the liturgy you might see, if any at all. But I will at least keep the results in mind.

Thank you and God bless you.

Papa