Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mea Culpa

Dear Readers,

Something terribly important has been brought to my attention. I have inadvertently brought scandal to St. Blog’s. I may be able to right things, but only if act courageously, promptly and with perfect contrition. In the Interesting debate post I had misspelled Cardinal Mahony’s last name; not once, but twice. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I have corrected the error and have vowed to never make it again. I wish I could say that I will not make any more errors whatsoever, but I cannot. Unfortunately, papal infallibility does not apply to grammar and spelling.

I would like to thank St. Blog’s self-appointed and anonymous Nihil Obstat for doing his duty and catching this most grievous error of mine. Furthermore, I would like to thank him for going through the trouble of pointing out my error at Amy Welborn’s Open Book.

As a show of my good will and contrition, I will assist him in his job by offering full disclosure (in contrast to Cardinal Mahony). Below is a listing of the sites where the owner or participants were gracious enough to link here and/or offer appreciated and supportive words. Children, please wish our Nihil Obstat Godspeed as he races from combox to combox defending the faith from misspellings, grammatical errors, and dead links. Pray that none of us ever end a sentence in a preposition!

DarwinCatholic

The Happy Catholic

Thoughts from the Right

Recta Ratio

Whispers in the Loggia

Open Book

The Anchoress

The Roman Catholic Blog

Salvific Design

Transcendental Musings

Lumen de Lumine

Pro Ecclesia

The Natural Family Planning Forum

Christianforums.com

Of course, who could forget St. Blog's very own illiterate parishioner:
Unam Sanctum
The Nihil Obstat is sure to have a field day there!