Monday, July 25, 2005

Interesting debate

A few co-workers and I were standing around the water-cooler discussing Seinfeld reruns when the conversation switched gears and became a heated debate. I don’t want to be a namedropper, but these colleagues were Cardinals Ruini and Mahony.

We were discussing the episode where Jerry kept saying, “Not that there’s anything wrong with that”, regarding homosexuality. Understanding that the show is void of any form of true morality, we laughed at it for what it is. Then Cardinal Mahony, shocked us by saying, “so, what’s wrong with that?” Cardinal Ruini said, “Oh come on, Roger, you know better than that.” Roger said, “It is too OK, I even host Rainbow Sash Masses.” Camillo retorted, “Then you are failing your flock!” Defensively, Roger quipped, “Says you; I am just being inclusive like John Paul II”.

That one really got my German ire up. I looked Roger straight in the eye and said, “I knew John Paul II. John Paul was a friend of mine. Cardinal, you are no John Paul!”

That really shut him up, which was a good thing because the Angelus bell started to ring, so I had to get back to work.

Spelling errors - corrected.